Today I want to start by telling you something that happened last night. Mom was on her way home from the hospital and she stopped in Jonesboro to get gas. When she got out of her car a bunch of kids rushed up behind her and said they wanted to give her $25 for gas, she thought they were kidding. When she got ready to pay for her gas they came back and she realized they were serious. She said she couldn't take their money and began talking to them. She said she had been to see us and the kids said they were just out trying to help people. As it turns out, they were a group of kids from Walnut Street Baptist Church in Jonesboro. After hearing about us, they wanted to help so they gave Mom some money and one boy even pulled some money out of his pocket to add to it. Then they asked if she minded if they prayed for us and they prayed with her right there. These kids were out doing random acts of kindness and God's work and I am sure they touched many lives other than just ours. Its so great to know these kids were out doing this when they could have been doing anything else. It really touched my life to realize these kids had the time in their lives to stop and listen and pray for someone they had never met, that is awesome, glory to God.
Now for the technical stuff. We started out with an ultrasound this morning. He scored his 6/8 like usual, but it was harder than normal to get him moving. They used that awful buzzer again, he HATES it. He head butts it when they put it on his ear. It makes me want to cry because I know he hates it so bad. This afternoon the nurse practitioner came in and decided to let me go outside for a about 30 minutes. Dustin wheeled me around for about 20 minutes until I was very tired and needed to come lay down. I took a nap and I feel better now. Today made me realize more than ever that I will not be able to bounce back quite as quickly as I had previously thought. Have a good evening, more tomorrow!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Day 70
Posted by jillchurch at 5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That really is awesome about those kids. I think the same group was out Craighead Forest not long ago handing out bottles of water to people walking and running.
Glad you got to get some sunshine today! You will bounce back once Zeke is born. I think God makes sure the baby gets what they need first, and then the mother has to make do with what's left.
Talk to you later...
Jill, you will be fine once zeke gets outside. meanwhile, just let him take your energy. He will continue to take your energy even 23 years down the road. robby still takes mine. lol.
that is an awesome story about the kids from walnut street. we could all take a lesson about selflessness. we should always think about others. i know it makes me feel warm inside when i think of kids doing God's work.
don't be stressed about today. everything will be fine. leave it to me.
love you bunches,
penny
Oh my....that story brought tears to my eyes....I thank God for kids like that, who will listen to God and work for Him. That just amazes me....
Yeah, i'm with penny...they will still take you energy when they're older, and if THEY don't, your grandkids will!!! I just got back from my grandsons birthday party, and i'm wiped out!!!!!
Jill, you're gonna be fine. Remember you can do ALL things through Christ, who STRENGTHENS you. And He Will!!!
Love ya'll
pam
God's love is all around us-we just sometimes need to slow down to notice. Keep leaning on Him and He will give you what you need. Love and prayers, Julie
Post a Comment