Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 66

Last night was another rough one! We went to bed early hoping to catch up from the night before. I even was going to sleep and try not to be obsessed with kick counts as that is the only real way I know he is ok when I am not on the monitor. We slept well until about 12 and i woke up cramping. When I got up, I was bleeding so they put me on the monitor. Zeke was fine, but I was contracting about 3 minutes apart. The doctor came in and checked to see if I was dilated and I had only dilated to 1 cm. They sent us back to labor and delivery to be monitored. We went back to sleep as soon as we were settled and left it all in God's hands, we knew we would need our sleep. Around 3 am, Zeke's heart rate dropped to around 60 again for over a minute. Several nurses rushed in and told me to turn on my other side. They were getting out the oxygen to put on me when his heart rate popped back up, music to our ears. They said they would watch closely and might come back in soon if it happened again. It never did! My contractions slowed and stopped hurting as bad. This morning they did an ultrasound and he is still doing good. Then we got to move back to our room, it feels like we are in a hospital in that other room, here we feel at home.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought about you during church this morning. The lesson was about leaning on God, counting on him to carry us through, that he is where all our hope lies. I know you are there with him on that level, and I am thankful for that.

Jack's heartrate when down once when Brandy was in labor, and they gave her oxygen. I was doing some extra praying during that time. Her labor nurse had another nurse with her that she was mentoring, and as she explained everything to the other nurse, we felt reassured as she explained the precautions they were taking and why. I'm sure you feel the same way with everyone surrounding you.

I will check back later to see how you are doing, or I'll call you or your Mom.

amber leann said...

We are still praying for you daily!

Janet's Thoughts said...

God is in control!!!! No backseat driving! LOL!!! We are sending you prayers of strength and peace. God always puts the the right people in the right place at the right time. All is how it should be!!!!

The Parnells

Julie said...

Jillian and Dustin, I am amazed at your continued strength and resolve each time I read your blog, however, I shouldn't be; as I know that God himself has his hand on all three of you. Wishing for you a peaceful and restful evening! Julie K.

Jennifer Neal said...

Jill and Dustin
We are praying daily for you and I know that you are in a wonderful place with experts. Keep the faith and remember to live in the present and don't worry about the future, God is with you now and he has tomorrow in control.
Jennifer

ashley said...

Hey girl!!

I leave town for the weekend and you have all kinds of excitement!!LOL! God is so good. One of the hardest things for a christen to do is not worry (at least for me). We just have to let God have control and not try to fix things ourselves. God has brought you this far, he's not going to stop now!! I hope you had a better night last night and got some sleep! Sleep while you can because the next three years you won't see much sleep!!! Love ya!

Ashley