Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 27

I am going to attempt to get this blog going to keep everyone updated on how we are doing here in Memphis! It will also be a good way to keep my mind and my hands busy. My time here in the hospital is starting to get a little difficult. I guess I should be feeling this way by now, it is my 27th day in bed. For those of you that may not know exactly what is going on here it goes:

On May 16th, Dustin and I were on our way to enjoy our first weekend at the lake for the summer, however, Zeke had other plans. My water broke that night while we were ordering at Sonic. I lost a lot of blood as well. We rushed to the hospital in Searcy where they told me I had placenta previa and would just need to be on bed rest for a couple of weeks. They said nothing about my water breaking. I stayed in the hospital overnight and returned to see Dr. Hong on Monday. Dr. Hong was suprised to find that my water was broken because he had been calling the dr. at the hospital in Searcy to check on me. He admitted me to the hospital sure that I would have the baby that night. He then gave us the option to terminate the pregnancy as that is required of him. We didn't even think before making the decision, because that just wasn't our decision to make, it was God's! If God wanted to end the pregnancy he would have, but that wasn't his decision at that point. They continued to tell us that we would have the option to hold our baby when it was born or send it away, all hard things to hear, but we just kept praying. After making it through that night we had passed the 72 hour mark during which most babies would be born, just the first milestone we passed. I went home with a home health nurse and spent a couple of weeks before I got really sick and started throwing up. Dustin took me to the hospital and I had a high white count so they thought once again I was about to deliver because of infection to the uterus. I was transferred by ambulance to Baptist in Memphis to a high risk specialist. They told us the risks and chances of baby's survival. I had to wait until June 6th to get steroid shots. I got my first one on June 6th and went into active labor about 2 hours later. The doctors thought the birth of our precious Zeke was eminent, but God had other plans once again. We have gotten our second shot and have passed the 48 hour mark where Zeke gets full benefit from the shots and are currently waiting and praying for each passing day.

To say the least God is at work in our lives. Some people ask why me, but thankfully, I don't have to ask that question. I know the answer. The lives of so many people have been changed by this situation, whether they have turned their lives over to God or have grown in faith it is affecting so many people in so many ways. Zeke has changed more lives already than many of us have to opportunity to in a lifetime and that makes this all worthwhile!

I will try to post each day, but in the meanwhile say a prayer for us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill and Dustin,,
just a little note to let you know I enjoyed reading your Blog,, Take this from someone who knows where your coming from when I say God is a Big God,, Our miracle is 18 and just graduated H.S. God has bigger plans for Zeke,, he will come when God gets ready for him to come... know that ya'll are in our prayers daily... We love ya'll very much.. God Bless,, Martel

Angie said...

Hey Jill and Dustin,
I enjoyed reading your blog I will look forward to it everyday!!! We miss you and love you. Just keep hanging in there! You are always in our thoughts and prayers. If you need us for anything you know our number. Love you,
Angie

amber leann said...

I am a friend of Chandra's and have been praying for you guys since she told me about your situation. I am glad that you are now blogging to keep everyone updated. You and the baby (as well as your husband and family) are in my thoughts and prayers daily. You are so right that your baby is already working miracles!

angiem said...

Jill,
I am so glad that you have a blog set up. It has been so hard trying to get news about ya'll. I am happy to hear that things are good. You are always in my prayers. If there is anything I can do for you or your husband please don't hesitate to call.
Angie McGee

Anonymous said...

Hey Jillian,
This is wonderful! I had never heard of blog until Nancy texted me today. Your thoughts were so touching and inspiring. Both you and Dustin are very strong, and so is your little "warrior" Zeke. You're right, there is a reason for everything and I see your found it. Ya'll will be in my thoughts and prayers often! Tell Nancy Hi for me! Happy Anniversary
Luv, Felicia

Penny said...

Hey Jilly bean, Dustin and Baby Zeke,

Love your baby's name! You three are in my prayers every day. i love you guys so much and wish only God's best for you. You and Dustin are just like my kids. you sharing your experience with all of us is a blessing. you are touching so many lives with your faith. keep your chins up and know that you are always in our thoughts. What ever you need , you have it if you will just let us know. love always, penny S.

Lu said...

Jillian,

I love the blog. Just figured out how to post a comment. You know me a little slow on the computer. What would I do without you to get me through. I am so proud yal are doing okay. You are a tuff girl and Zeke is too. I sure miss your big smile and delightful attitude. Me and the girls will be to see you soon. Keep your spirits high. We have moved in a block over so you will have plenty babysitters at a minutes notice. Your moms been helping me and she is great and getting rid of stuff I dont need. Be glad when we can take Zeke on bike rides next summer. Blyss says love you. I love you and you are in our prayers.