The orders have been made and there shouldn't be any reason that I won't be induced on Friday morning! The chief of staff was in today and said that an attending doctor would be in the delivery room with the resident which makes me feel very good. I was concerned because a new group of residents just started, first year residents that have never had much hands on experience is a bit scary. The resident that came in this morning was obviously a first timer, poor thing was as nervous as could be, they are very thorough though, lol. Our ultrasound today was good, 2 buzzes but no prodding to get him to practice breathing. I am still having contractions, hoping that means he comes out quickly and easily on Friday. We have had plenty of company today. This morning Terry and Perry came by, then Dad and Granny got here right after they left, and finally Michael and Heather came to see us. We visited from 10-5 which pretty much knocks out the day, so glad to have visitors. Tomorrow, no one is coming that we know of, then Monday is Rachel and Bryan, Tuesday is Mom, Wednesday is Robby and Angie, Thursday-day before he comes probably just rest and freak out that we are about to be parents, and then Friday is birth day. If everything goes as it is now, I will get to come back to my antepartum room with "my nurses" after delivery. If these rooms get full, I will have to move down the hall with the post partum nurses. That is our week in a nut shell. Now that it is coming to a close, I have all sorts of feelings. I feel anxious and excited to see him, but I also feel strange to think I won't be pregnant anymore. Keep praying for us and having faith that God will continue to work miracles.....
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm glad you have everything figured out, how and what will be happening next week...
I know what you mean about feeling anxious and ready and unsure and whatever else you may be feeling. I think we get so excited about things like this (and Christmas), that when it finally gets here, we have to readjust our thinking to the "after the event" feelings.
Too bad your "old" residents didn't get to see you through this all the way...I bet they will be checking back to see you or at least find out how you're doing if they are not able to physically come back by to see you.
Did you say that Zeke could have visitors in the NICU? I know you will have so many people wanting to see him. You may have to set up appointments!
If you don't have company tomorrow, just try to relax and rest up for Friday.
I am going to be thinking about you even more this week than I usually do! I'm sure there will be extra prayers being lifted up for you this week, and since God has heard and answered them all so far, I know he will continue to bless you.
Try to relax...Zeke will be here before you know it!
All I could think about reading today's post was the day you were born. Isn't that funny?!?!? You were as beautiful as we thought you'd be, and both your mom and dad were EXHAUSTED! So, take Mitzi's advice and rest all that you can. I'm sure that Friday will bring more of what your mom and dad felt the day you were born, excitment, exhaustion, and a tremendous amount of LOVE for one baby. Keep your eyes on the goal, which is your love for God, each other, and a common love for our unborn baby Zeke. I love you!
When you think back on your journey it is amazing how God has kept his hand on all of you. He is truly amazing. We are praying for you and we can't wait for Friday to get here.
Love you guys,
Jennifer
Post a Comment