Today has been a rather eventful day. We woke up this morning and got ready for ultrasound. We went to ultrasound around 11 and we got a new girl that was doing our ultrasound. She didn't know how to use the machine, didn't seem like she knew how to look for the pockets of fluid and didn't try which aggrevated me, and was kind of rude. Everyone here has been so friendly and good to us, guess we have gotten spoiled. She didn't find any fluid pockets, she had long nails and kept scratching me, and she hit my baby too many times (boy lifes rough, lol). When we got back, I ate my lunch and then it was off to the NICU for our tour. The tour went great, we even got to see some of the babies that their parents were on our floor over the past few weeks. They showed us the ICU which is where the babies stay until they get stable, some stay there a long time. The next room was the step down unit or the CCU where the babies have their own cubicle and the parents do almost everything such as feeding changing, etc. We found out that we CAN be in there 20 hours of the day we have to leave during shift change. There can only be two visitors at a time and the visitors must wear gloves and a gown and can't enter if they are sick at all. We don't have to wear gloves, they want us to touch the baby and get him use to our feel. You have to scrub down your hands and arms each time you enter for two minutes, which I do remember doing when Abbi was born (oh yea and don't forget your antibacterial gum, lol). The rooms they have for us to stay in are on a day to day basis. I think the needing a place to stay thing has resolved itself, because I think I am going to need to be at home resting more than I had anticipated. I thought I would just come up here and sit by his bed all day, wrong. I got winded in the wheel chair for 30 minutes. They did say I could call every hour and check on Zeke if I wanted. We will probably try to come every day, but I sure won't be at his side for 16 hours a day like I had thought. I am not sure how a mother leaves a child as it seems unnatural to me, but I am sure we will figure it out just like we have everything else, through God! When we got back, I slept and am now ready for my supper, lol, eating is the highlight of my day. I have gained 22 pounds all together ( I won't mention that I have gained ALL of it since I have been in the hospital, actually it has ALL been in the last 6 weeks.) The doctor said its okay to gain 2o-25 pounds and I said yea in a 40 week pregnancy with fluid and he just laughed and said the bed thing was most of it. We laughed and then he said my face was swollen, I guess he was trying to make me feel better about the 22 pounds. He said it would be about 6 weeks, if I deliver normally, before I would be close to normal activity level. If I have a section it could be closer to 10 weeks! He also said I could drive after a week for regular delivery and 4 weeks for a section, I sure hope Zeke handles the delivery like a strong little boy and that I won't need a section! This is the longest blog, we got so much info today that I needed to pass on, hope your night is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hey Jill and Dustin
Good to hear that God is still in control of every situation.. I am glad that ya'll are doing good..
I remember when Malerie was born and she spent the first 5 weeks of her life in Children's Hospital, we went as often as we could.. Rhonda needed rest after her delivery and couldn't spend all her time there and I had to go to work.. I know as a parent you want to be there with the baby, but you have to know that is what the nurses in the NICU are for... We called Childrens probably 100 times a day to check on Malerie and they were always so good to answer any questions we had..
All you can do is trust in God just like you have been doing.. He will work it all out.. When He is in control there is nothing to worry about... We love ya'll and are praying for you..
Martel
Hey Jill,
I cant believe Zeke is almost here! I am so excited for you. Robby and I will be coming Aug 12 if its not to late we will come to the hospital that night but if it is late when we get there we will see you Aug 13. We are still praying for you and thinking about you everyday.
hey jilly,
just a little note to let you know i think about you every day. more than you will ever know. by the way, i hope that pill is out of your lung by now. LOL. you sure are a funny little chick. please do not worry about your weight gain. you will have it all off in no time. besides you could stand a few pounds. haha. keep the faith and you will hold a little bundle before long. don't let those cranky nurses get to you. remember , we all have to deal with cranky people on our jobs. you know what i mean.
love you, penny
Hey Jill,
I haven't responded in a while, but I check your blog everyday waiting for an update!!! Things are getting crazy here waiting for school to start and trying to get everything ready. I am glad you got to go to visit the NICU and I know you will regain your strength and lose the baby weight in no time!! Love you 10 days to go!!!
Hey Jill,
Sounds like you had a busy day, I know you are excited about getting Zeke here. I had my girls both ways, and the section is hard on you, but it is worth every ounce of pain. We are praying for you and will check on you tomorrow.
Jennifer
Sounds like your day was eventful. It is a shame that all nurses can't see how special you all are, but God sent many, many angels your way. It did make you appreciate the others, I'm sure. Listen to these wonderful friends who have been in tough situations, and call on them if you need to. On a positive note, I picked out some of the prettiest shower gifts today. It may hurt me to hang on to yours until the shower. Hope you like it as much as I do. When I went through McDonald's tonight for Emma, the girl working went on and on about how much she liked them. I thought it was a good sign. :) Love to you!
You are a strong girl mentally and physically and God will continue to hold you up when you need it. Keep leaning on Him and TRY not to worry about the birth (piece of cake, really it's not that bad)! We're still praying, Julie K.
Post a Comment