Boy it has been a long time since I have been able to update, but we finally have our internet turned back on. I know most of you already know that we came home on monday afternoon. He was having some trouble eating like they wanted to this past weekend when we roomed in with him. The problem is that he sticks his tongue to the roof of his mouth and therefore couldn't suck, now that we know this we know how to get him to eat. Once he started eating there was no stopping him. We had a dr visit yesterday and he now weighs 4 pounds 10 ounces, BIG BOY! We are thrilled that he is gaining weight. The orthopedic pediatrician says his hip ultrasounds have all been normal and that he wants to see him back in two weeks for another one. We don't see the geneticist again for 6 months. We will be starting physical therapy hopefully next week to work on his legs that way to see if it will help. About his arm, they think that what caused it was an amniotic band. These bands are in the fluid of all pregnant women and can place themselves on any part of the body. For us it was the arm, for some they aren't so lucky it can deform the face or the trunk of the body. We feel very blessed to have such a special boy and know that this won't keep him from doing anything he wants to do! God still has big plans for him, we just don't know what yet! Well, I hope to blog more often now that the internet is back up, it may be boring day to day events from here on out so if you stop reading I will TOTALLY understand, lol. Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
WOO HOO A NEW POST!!!!!!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED! I'M A BLOG JUNKIE! I am so glad he is doing so well! There's no stopping him now! I hope to get to come and see you guys soon. I've had him a gift for like 4 months!LOL! (I'll call before I come though and make sure I'm not sick!) The post won't get boring, I love to hear about babies!!!
I want to know all the boring details, so just keep on posting! He looks great in the pictures, still doesn't look like a preemie! I am sure He (God and Zeke) will continue to awe us with the things they will be doing! I can't wait to get to see him, (and eventually, get to hold him!)
I'm so glad you are all home, and can start your little family life like it should be!
Post a Comment