This morning comes with more good news. Since I last posted, Zeke got jaundice pretty bad and was on double light phototherapy. He had to stay on it a couple of days and is now down to one light. He has been having trouble digesting his food, but with the feeding tube is now up to 34 ml every four hours which is a little over an ounce. He is using his left arm and even puts his paci back in his mouth with it, it is AMAZING! It has almost been a week and it has flown by even faster since we don't have him at home. We have seen him almost every day, we stayed home Thursday to rest and when we came back so many things had already changed. He looked at us an stayed awake during all his feedings yesterday. We plan to stay today and come home tonight and then I will be coming back for a few hours each day next week while Dustin returns to work, so say a special prayer for him. We plan to come over together at least a couple of nights per week. Zeke is doing great and God is still working in his life, so keep sending prayers up for him. We don't have internet at home right now, so I won't get to blog every day, but will ocntinue to post updates when I can. Have a great weekend, we have a boy to go see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
First and foremost, go see our baby boy! I'm soooooo glad he is making gains everyday. I would love to sit and gaze at both of you at feeding time. It gives me chills to think of the two/three of you together. Give him love from Aunt Gin and Emma sometime today. Thanks for the text yesterday, send those anytime you get a chance. WE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! Enjoy your time together, it won't be long, and he'll be at home where you all belong. Until then, let the docs and nurses do what they know to do. Love and blessings to all of you!
That is WONDERFUL! I can't wait until he is at home so you guys can all just be together where you want to be!
I started to just say he is amazing, but then I thought am I talking about Zeke or God? I have to say God is amazing bringing Zeke to where he is today! It sounds like it won't be as long as we had thought when he'll be coming home...he is making such progress every day!
Get all the rest you can, cause you're going to need it traveling and then getting used to not getting any sleep during the night when he comes home! I know you'll gladly go without sleep just to get the precious little baby home where he belongs! I thank God for all He has done and for all He's going to do for your family!
Thanks for the wonderful update! I've gotten so used to checking your blog, it's a daily event now and we get so excited when you have posted!! That being said, we know you are busy and want you only to concentrate on getting stronger and taking care of that precious grandson!
We love you all - Melinda
I am a blog junkie as well! When I saw you had posted I was so excited! I know being with Zeke is more important however, so I will just bug you with texting from now on!LOL! Seriously Mitzi is right on, God is SO awesome and Zeke is such a miricle! I praise Him! I know the days until you get to bring him home will fly, and then when you get him home they will go even faster!!! Pretty soon you will be holding back the tears as you get him ready for his first day of Kindergarten like I will be doing tomorrow!! Much Love and God continue to Bless!
Ashley
Jill and Dustin, We are so glad to hear that all three of you are doing well. Does Zeke have to wear a "Zoro" mask while under the lights? That is so cute how he is already finding his passie and sticking it back in his mouth-sounds like a smart one! Try not to wear out this week and we will be praying for yours and Dustin's safe travels. the Ketons
Post a Comment