On Thursday, we made a trip to memphis to see Dr. Sawyer, the orthopedic dr, for Zeke's six month check up. We went in for xrays first, Zeke just screamed, he hated them. Luckily his Daddy was brave enough to take him in there. I thought I wouldn't be able to hear him down the hall, boy was I wrong. After the xrays were finally over, they took us in the room to wait. When the doc came in he asked how Zeke was doing and I quickly stated that I had a lot of questions. He wanted to hear them. My first question was about his legs still being rotated outward. He had had a chance to see the xrays and proceeded to explain to us that he had vertical talus. This means that on the inside of his foot two of the bones are misaligned, they should point towards each other. In his right foot, the bone in his ankle is 10 degrees from where it should be and in the left foot it is 30 degrees from where it should be. He went on to explain that it isn't complete vertical talus and would either get better or worse by nine months. If it doesn't get better by nine months, he will schedule surgery for 12 months. After surgery, he will have a pin and some wire in his feet for several weeks and a series of casts for 12 weeks. He may have a long road ahead of him, but we know God in in control. He will provide a way no matter what! Keep this need in your prayers!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment