Sunday, May 24, 2009

One Year Ago........


One year ago today............we almost lost Zeke! I can't convey the feelings that this time brought us. It was such a day to rejoice, overwhelming thankfulness to God, and a day when all I wanted to do was hold my boy tight! At 2 am, we were awakened at the trailer at the lake with a tornado warning. We loaded up and went to the camp grounds to get in a bathroom, better than the trailer we thought! The storm passed over and all was well, but it was not a great start to an eery feeling day. Thankfully, the rest of the day went well and no tragic events happened, praise the Lord. Today, I thought of all the circumstances that led to those first few days. I chose a new doctor (Dr. Hong) when we decided to try to have a baby, we went through Bald Knob to the lake, Dr. Hong was on call, the Searcy dr. wanted my dr's orders not his own, the dr's in Searcy didn't know my water was broken, and the list goes on. I know all of these things were not coincidences, but the hand of God. If I had had a different dr (from what I hear, most any other dr.), I would have been induced that first night, but by the hand of God, I had a dr. who believed! When Dustin and I were given a choice, we knew it was not our choice, but God's, thank God for parents who taught us well! There were just too many "coincidences" to not believe God's hand was at work from that first night! Dustin has been saved for a year now, and that has been the biggest blessing throughout all of this. When he told me that first night, I knew the purpose for all of our sufferings and I knew that whatever the outcome it would all be worth it. I told God that I trusted him and I truly meant it, but I sure am thankful that his will was for Zeke and I to live because being a mother is God's greatest gift. God well prepared me for all of this over the previous 6 years or so. He had been working on me really hard to prepare me for battle, sometimes we don't realize the lowest points in our lives can be for God's purposes, even though that may not be witnessed for several years. I am thankful for every valley we endured because it is all worth it, with so much to be thankful for here on earth, HEAVEN will be extraordinary!!!!! It is for these reasons that our son was dedicated to God on May 17, 2009!

2 comments:

Ginger & Emma said...

Congratulations! You are wise beyond years. I know the circumstances are different, but I can witness MANY of the same for Christ. God is sooo good! Love to you all~

Rachel Moss said...

Gosh what a difference a year makes......just thinking that as a started to Pennys last year I had to run to your house and check on ya and I remember telling you "ok Jill, I'm not gonna hug you everytime I come over here cause I don't won't to be in your face all the time......so you sick of me yet? Still loving the blog, still tearing up as if I am reading for the first time!
Love ya!