On Wednesday night 12/9, Zeke began to have fever around 5 and the first time we checked it, it was 102.7. We were terrified because he had never had a fever before, nothing over 99.5 anyways. We have been so lucky with that! All night we alternated tylenol and advil every 3 hours and then on Thursday morning we headed to sick call. We didn't get to see Dr. Hornbeck :( but his ears and throat were clear :) so we left and thought everything was great. He told us to only give advil but a larger dose, so we skipped the tylenol dose at 9 and his fever spiked at 103.9. I frantically called the doctor's office back and they put me off for an hour and a half "waiting to hear from the dr" so I called back and they let me talk to the nurse finally. She said if it got to 105.5 to bring him to the ER, I was shocked it was ok until it reached 105.5. I don't think I will ever be able to wait until it is that high, we just live to far from a hospital for that! When we got home, he slept alot until his fever was gone and luckily Ms. Betty told me to stay home and baby him cause she had a sub for me! By Friday 12/11 he was feeling much better, thank goodness.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment